Data Governance Associate
New York, NY
- Effectively interact with Business Management, Client Coverage and CRM & Sales Enablement teams to understand the business needs and supporting data & process requirements
- Perform business analysis tasks such as documenting business process map, analyze process challenges & issues and recommend target state; ask leading questions to elicit information from non-technical users; document the findings and present the results of analyses
- Manage the firm's business glossary and data catalog for client data attributes, log data and process issues, perform data analysis, design, definition and profiling
- Manage the portfolio of projects required to successfully execute client data governance strategy
- Deliver data quality metrics and insights through reports, presentations & interactive dashboards to drive governance strategy
- Document data governance project scope and obtain sponsor approvals. Manage project tasks, timeline, risks and issues.
- Help with evaluation of new data sources, and subsequent onboarding of the data on governance framework
- Ensure all requirements align with enterprise data governance standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business Analytics or related field of study.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience in managing data and analytics projects within Financial Services / Asset Management particularly in one or more of the following topics: Master Data Management, Data Profiling, Data Quality, Data Glossaries, Data Catalogs, Taxonomy, Data Modeling, Metadata, Data Discovery, Business Semantics
- Strong analytical, project management and technical skills; must be proficient in SQL, Alteryx and Tableau or comparable tools; experience with Python, R, and Collibra (or another similar product) preferred.
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems into meaningful components that are understandable by various levels within the firms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to explain technical ideas to business users.
- Attention to detail and business acumen essential.
- Team player with strong work ethic and focus on meeting deadlines & objectives.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate critical thinking.