Client Support Analyst (CAS )
This position will be based in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Expected travel is less than 10%.
As an Asset Analyst, you will dedicate your time to the processing of both incoming and outgoing client account transfer requests. This position aims to assist internal client management teams with the expedient receipt/delivery of assets by:
• Obtaining necessary transfer documentation from CAs (e.G., transfer authorization forms, recent account statements, re-registration paperwork if applicable, etc.);
• Performing a detailed review of expected assets to determine the most appropriate transfer method;
• Coordinating with various contra-firms to identify any additional documents/action steps required to complete the transfer;
• Liaising with our internal Custody Department;
• Preparing any additional documentation to submit transfer requests (e.G., cover letters, delivery instructions, letters of authorization, etc.);
• Proactively following up with the contra-firms to resolve any issues and ensure all assets are received;
• Providing frequent updates to the CA/WA teams as to the status of each transfer; and (8) assisting in the retrieval of tax cost information if it is not received from the contra-firm within the regulatory time period.
The successful applicant will spend a majority of their time serving as a close liaison between CA/WA teams, the Custody Department, and external financial institutions. Considerable time will be spent working with external financial institutions to ensure that incoming assets are transferred accurately and in a timely fashion. You will be expected to follow up with all interested stakeholders. It is expected that each team member will be able to use sound judgment in escalating issues to the Asset Transfer Team Supervisor where appropriate and analyze situations critically as they arise. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to the weekly and monthly metrics reports. As the team expands, you will be expected to undertake more fulsome responsibilities. You must be comfortable with changing priorities.
• Applicant will possess an undergraduate degree from a reputable university
• Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of ACATS vs. Non-ACATS, DTC & DRS preferred
• Extremely detail oriented
• Exceptional organization skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well in a small team structure
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
• Team player
• Work ethic that demonstrates quality, accuracy and accountability
• Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with internal associates as well as contacts at contra-firms