New York, NY
Responsible for the day-to-day technical operations of the Network Engineering department, including staff management by providing guidance to ensure that the Network Engineering staff understand and execute all functions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Lead the Network Engineering function.
- Responsible for Network and Security Management, emergency response, design and deployment of new technology and processes that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements, administration and development of network and voice usage policies and standards, proactive management of security and network systems that protect corporate data.
- Recruit and train employees, develop personal growth opportunities, provide leadership for employee relations, effectively communicate job expectations, coach, train, counsel and discipline employees and developer, coordinate and enforce systems and policies.
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Network Engineering matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service.
- Contribute to the Network Engineering team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Motivate staff to accomplish important objectives and multiple demands and creates a sense of urgency in all tasks. Hold the Network Engineering team accountable for their deliverables and ensure that projects are delivered by agreed timelines.
- Develop systems and tools for effective task execution.
- Implement, manage and evaluate Network Engineering operation processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant
- Cisco Certification CCNP a must, CCIE a plus.
- 10 years of experience working with network and telecommunications technology and asset.
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience using Cisco systems, routing and switching using Cisco hardware and software.
- Advanced work experience with specified hardware and software and variety of network protocols involved in LAN and WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols and TCP/IP, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in Telecommunications Facilities including MPLS and DSL.
- Experience with firewalls
- Experience with VoIP, Network Protocols, IP telephone systems, voice mail systems and gateways.
- IP Networking & IP Telephony (IP phones, SIP Trunking, etc.).
- Voice/Data Cabling System Design & Implementation and Various Communications Technologies (T1/T3, DSL, ISDN, VOIP, POTS, Wireless/Cellular Devices & Services, Audio/Video Conferencing Systems, etc.).
- Experience managing other Cisco Engineers (CCNA).
- Strong background in disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Ability to work in both strategic and operational situations.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and firewalls a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Experience in a high-availability, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus and experience working with operations.
- Proven problem solving, organization and communication skills are essential.