desktop publishing assistant
New York, NY
You flourish in a fast paced and highly collaborative team environment. You are a quick learner and have the expert ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, while delivering high quality work. You have a strong passion for publishing and you are determined to ensure the team' s success.
The role will include, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assist fast-paced electronic publishing group in all phases and production.
- Quickly gain understanding of XXXX processes, contribute ideas and new approaches as appropriate.
- Manage team' s publishing pipeline calendar.
- Coordinate meeting logistics: create meeting agendas, collect meeting notes and distribute meeting recap emails.
- Assist in preparing documents for publishing.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and assist in making necessary corrections.
- Maintain that website widgets up-to-date with latest content and participate in weekly quality assurance checks of the website. Assist in uploading company wide policy documents to our internal and external sites.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials for company use.
You will be successful in this role if you possess the following:
- Bachelor' s degree and/or a proven track record of relevant experience multi-tasking under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail, expert ability to multitask.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel with knowledge of styles and templates
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of MailChimp or similar email campaign software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a familiarity with AP Style.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular hours if needed.
- Be a team player but also work independently, take initiative and consistently contribute innovative ideas to support the team.
- Background knowledge of credit ratings, bond markets, and/or debt securitization is a plus.