Valhalla Developer C++/Java/Python
New York, NY
* Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing infrastructure components pertaining to routing, high performance communication, and connectivity (internal & external).
* Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
* Responsible for enhancing and extending the infrastructure and communication libraries used by the various trading platforms
* Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle steps.
* 3+ years experience in C++ in a Unix/Linux environment.
* 3+ years experience in multi-threaded and real time programming with trading applications.
* Experience working with FIX and/or other high performance messaging systems.
* Experience with Boost, STL, and/or other template based libraries.
* Experience with real-time high volume messaging systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid skills in Python, Perl, SQL, and/or other scripting languages.
* Knowledge of financial products and trading platforms is a plus.
* Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.