VP Equity/ Fixed Income Compliance
New York, NY
This position would work closely with the Head of Advisory and other compliance staff in order to provide compliance coverage to the Markets Sales and Trading teams, including providing updates on the regulatory impact of new rules and regulations affecting their coverage area. In addition, this person would take part in various firm-wide initiatives both locally and internationally. This person will be required to assist in other areas of compliance as the need arises.
This role will report directly to the Head of Compliance Advisory. Responsibilities will involve advising and providing guidance to the Markets Sales and Trading platforms. The candidate will also:
- Assess regulatory/compliance controls related to areas of coverage. This would include providing clear and understandable advice and guidance to interested parties and drafting and delivering Compliance training on these topics.
- Analyze proposed and new rules in addition to market and internal developments and provide advice and guidance on the potential impact to current activities, and working to implement the necessary controls. Additionally, play an advocacy role representing the Firm in industry efforts as they pertain to regulatory developments.
- Assist in the preparation of Compliance reports for Compliance Management, Senior Management, Executive Committees, and Risk Committees etc. As required.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
- Drafting and updating Compliance policies and procedures.
- Participating in internal investigations, assisting in responding to regulatory inquiries, and coordinating internal and external audits and inspections.
- Interacting with regulatory agencies and exchanges.
- Performing periodic risk assessments of the business.
- Providing regulatory/compliance training as needed.
5+ years industry experience, preferably in a compliance advisory capacity
Strong knowledge of SEC and Client regulations