The UX Designer will report to the Lead UX Designer and work closely with the other members of the design team. They will collaborate with Product Managers, Development, Marketing and Content Creators to ensure that our products meet business and technology requirements while prioritizing the needs of our end-users. Responsibilities include:
- Translating complex ideas and processes into useful, intuitive designs
- Conducting competitive research and maintaining a working knowledge of industry best-practices
- Making design recommendations for new products and/or existing product improvements
- Creating low-fidelity wireframes to demonstrate design concepts
- Partnering with the visual design team and providing UX advice
- Conducting usability testing and general user research
- Leading and participating in brainstorming sessions associated with new product design
- Keeping an eye on user metrics to Client user issues and continuously improve site usability
- Being a team player and seeing product constraints as an opportunity to exercise your creativity :)
***Candidates must provide samples of work or a portfolio demonstrating knowledge and experience in user experience design, including: usability best practices, industry standards, information architecture, and user-centered design principles
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Marketing, Design, Psychology or other relatable areas, or 4+ years' experience in digital consumer products. Certification in UX may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience.
- 1+ years' professional experience with user-centered design and analysis for responsive web, media and information sites.
- Demonstrable understanding of the many facets of UX including research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, etc.
- Knowledge of usability testing methodology required, experience in usability testing preferred
- Understanding of user interface patterns for mobile web, desktop and apps
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to explain the design rationale behind concepts
- Success working collaboratively with collaborating with developers, designers, product managers and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency with Sketch preferred
- Experience with prototyping software such as Axure and/or InVision preferred
- Experience with metrics analytics software such as Adobe SiteCatalyst a plus