Trading App Support
New York, NY
Funding and Counterparty Risk Management (FCRM) is responsible for the management of financial resources within institutional Sales & Trading and is positioned at the core of transaction flows to ensure proper and consistent allocation and pricing of resources across market facing businesses. Funding and Counterparty Risk Management Technology (FCRT), a completely business aligned technology group, is responsible for all technology initiatives within Funding and Counterparty Risk Management that encompass functions right from funding to liquidity. These include systems that do Counterparty Portfolio Management for OTC Derivatives, Prime Brokerage Risk and Margin functions, Treasury and Cash Management, Repo & Stock Loan Sales & Trading, the firms mission critical Regulatory Reporting & Calculation systems and a number of cross functional groups like Collateral Optimization and Funding Optimization. Given the increased regulatory focus and changing market conditions, we are in the process of revamping our BRM technology platforms.
The global FCRM Production Management team supports technology provided by FCRM and used directly by the business. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next evolution of our FCRM Technology platform, working in conjunction with the businesses, developers, outside counterparties and regulatory bodies. We are looking for dynamic, curious, thought leaders who exhibit strong technical skills.
The successful candidate will apply technical skills to build automation to maintain production environments. The successful candidate will be coordinating with development and business team to obtain sign off for functional testing and will have final say in deploying new software in production. They will use their technical skills to automate daily support functions, improve system stability, drive hygiene initiatives and deliver innovation that creates efficiency and consistency.
- Building strong technical partnerships with local and global development teams to partner in system, environment and plant improvement. Enabling the adoption of Dev Ops collaboration.
- Good knowledge of Unix, Relational Databases (DB2/Sybase) and Scripting.
- Leading projects and initiatives within the global team to implement new strategies; manage events (infrastructure change, software releases, business continuity tests etc.) and on-board support for new business areas or renovated systems.
- Chairing outage resolution conference calls, managing significant incidents and coordinating communications within a trade floor environment.
- Past experience in building and maintaining Production/Non-Production environments.
- Past experience in automation of ad-hoc requests, Ready For Business (RFB) checks and scripting
- Initiating, growing and shaping processes, procedures and strategies to make the team more efficient.
- Work closely with Level 1 support teams to efficient use of effort and wherever possible drive out unnecessary tasks and alerting.
- Acting as a primary escalation/communication point between Application development teams and Business Units based on the trading desk
- Challenging existing practices to strive for continuous improvement