New York, NY
The candidate also needs to demonstrate the ability to master new/emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions. Proficiency with object-oriented programming, including software design and design patterns is also expected.
In addition to being accountable for technology deliverables, the position will also play a prominent role in guiding/mentoring other team members as well as architectural design and agile project planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead your team to create great code and documentation for core technologies.
- Collaborate with all other Tech Leads to define architecture & strategy.
- Create and implement standards and practices for developing shared code and services.
- Collaborate with senior developers/engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get the quality code to production
- Build NodeJS REST/microservices for our core e-commerce, entitlement, content management/publishing engines.
- Write code that is performant, secure, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Provide feature breakdowns, task breakdowns, design and scope development work and estimate engineering effort; attend daily scrums, ensure functional and non-functional deliverables are on schedule, perform code review, plan implementation, and help rollout system changes to production.
- Interact within an agile team including offshore and third-party development groups and contractors
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Manage technical risk and debt for the team.
- Support rollouts, analyze technical issues and be available for on-call duties to lead resolution.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to assist with ongoing support and maintenance of applications.
- Recognize process and code inefficiencies, and proactively recommend resolutions.Experience and Skills:
- At least 10 years of hands-on professional software development experience in building and maintaining a high-performance, reliable, secure, distributed, and scalable enterprise production environment using modern frameworks.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in software design, data structures, computer networking, UNIX fundamentals and problem-solving.
- Solution design experience in large-scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature.
- Thorough understanding of building RESTful services, SOA, Micro Services System Architecture
- Solid understanding of both SQL and NOSQL databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database deployment and scalability; database tuning.
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL, SQL Server PostgreSQL
- Experience in decomposing existing monolithic legacy applications into microservices
- Experience using Linux operating system, Apache, nginx, GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, Docker, Kubernates
- Extensive experience with designing and building Learning Management Systems, headless Content Management System (e.G. WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager) for Content Delivery
- Extensive experience with designing and shipping high quality systems for scale and reuse, source code management strategies, and release management
- Expertise with Google Analytics tools.
- Expert understanding of enterprise-class system concepts (Deployment, Performance, Scalability, Availability, and Security)
- Able to identify anti-patterns and provide refactoring recommendations.
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive.
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage expectations at the same time.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in an agile/iterative development environment.
- Ability to work in the United States for any employer.