An individual in this tax position will prepare and assist in the review of federal and state income tax provisions (GAAP and Statutory basis, current and deferred income taxes); provision to return reconciliations; and the preparation of financial statement disclosures and analysis. The position will perform certain federal and state tax compliance functions that include preparation of the periodic federal and state estimated tax payment requests; preparation or review of various aspects of the annual federal and state income tax return support and the federal and state income tax return as filed; and the gathering of federal and state audit support as necessary. Perform some state, local and miscellaneous tax compliance for insurance and non-insurance subsidiaries. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities
- Prepare and assist in the review of federal and state income tax accruals & reconciliations, (current and deferred taxes; F109 GAAP and SSAP #10R), including provision to return reconciliations and inter-company FIT settlements
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statement disclosures, (NAIC Statutory and GAAP basis)
- Prepare and assist in the review of federal and state income tax compliance, including preparation of federal and state return, estimated tax payments and extension
- Assist with gathering and creating federal and state audit support, as needed, including coordination of supporting documentation to external auditors
- Perform internal federal and state tax analysis;
- Prepare and/or review some state & local tax compliance, designated states, including final returns, estimates, and extensions where required.
- Assist with Tax Dept. SOX compliance, including updating process narratives and related test work.
- Streamline tax files to ensure optimum automation of the tax accrual and compliance process.
- Prepare and assist with the audit of the Form 5500's and Form 990's for the pension plan, benefit plan and welfare plans.
- Participate in federal & state tax related internal and external projects.
- Federal and/or state tax knowledge
- Knowledge of statutory and/or GAAP financial accounting helpful
- If a Glastonbury CT office hire, quarterly overnight and other periodic travel to Branchville, NJ will be required.
- B.S. Accounting is preferred
- Minimum 3 5 Years of Tax Accounting Experience
- Masters in Taxation / Accounting or CPA preferred but not required