New York, NY
Client seeks a Systems Engineer to join our growing technology team in any of our New Jersey locations. We seek a self-motivated professional with a genuine desire to embrace this challenging career opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment while taking on a variety of assignments. Qualified individuals will have the opportunity to join our employee friendly corporate culture, which also offers excellent career growth and mobility.
The Systems Engineer will report to the Information Technology Manager, and is responsible for the design, implementation and management of critical infrastructure systems, ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The Systems Engineer ensures the smooth day to day operation and stability of the system infrastructure. This role with work alongside members of Helpdesk & Security teams with a goal of maximum reliability of the systems infrastructure while maintaining system integrity.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and operation of all infrastructure systems of the corporate network across Multiple sites.
- Administer and support all aspects of Windows Server across a physical and virtual (VMware) environment, including installation, configuration, patching, security hardening and storage/capacity planning.
- Manage Active Directory and all directory service technologies including GPO, DNS, DHCP and ADFS.
- Manage the O365 environment including troubleshooting, implementing new features and managing end to end Exchange mail flow, archiving, retention and spam prevention.
- Implement a patch management and application deployment process and tooling for servers and desktops; maintain application packaging and OS patching standards.
- Implement a system monitoring and reporting tool.
- Design PowerShell scripts for automation of operational processes across both the server and desktop environments.
- Serve as an escalation point for L3 tickets from the end user support team.
- Develop and document systems standardizations and configuration procedures.
- Keep up to date on current technologies, industry news, systems compliance requirements, standards and industry trends.
- Work with the IT Manager to develop a change management strategy, peer review process and incident and problem management policies that ensure standardized methods and procedures are used for all changes.
- Influence the design, development and enforcement of the company's Information Security policy.
- Research and recommend solutions and tools; perform proof of concepts and vendor comparisons, offer solutions aligned with business requirements.
- Systems changes outside of business hours or after-hours support may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in IT/Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred.
- 5+ years proven hands on systems engineering experience designing, building and maintaining technology infrastructure.
- Experience with Active Directory setup and configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including GPO, DNS, DHCP and ADFS.
- Strong experience with Office 365 platform and Exchange online including DNS (MX, SPF), archiving, retention and spam prevention.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows (server and desktop) technology and related systems, including patch management, software deployment tools and security.
- Experience in DLP, web filtering, antivirus and encryption technologies.
- Strong experience implementing and supporting virtual sever infrastructure (VMware or Hyper-V) and virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Proven experience in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance planning to ensure high availability.
- Experience developing detailed windows administrative standards and documentation.
- Public cloud technology experience Azure or AWS preferred.
- PowerShell scripting and automation skills.
- Sound understanding of operation and change management methodologies and familiarity with industry standards (ITIL).
- Financial services industry experience is preferred.