New York, NY
Client is searching for a Full Stack developer to develop web-based applications for its client.Com site. This person will develop complex web-based applications supporting high volume traffic. In this role, you will apply your understanding of development processes and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions. Relevant job functions & position requirements include:
- Coding, testing, defect management, and production support (in collaboration with Operations team)
- Develop detailed work breakdown structure for analysis design, development & deployment activities
- OO design and programmingand application development with J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Taglibs) and Design Patterns
- Delivery of web-based applicationsand dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance
- Develop applications using Application Container (Tomcat)
- Work with APIs to access other systems, e.G., Documentum Content Management System, Endeca Search etc.
- Working with a code repository (Git/Stash)
- Trouble-shoot and lead root-cause analysis
- Work with Oracle Databases (Knowledge of Database programming using PL/SQL or T-SQL highly desired)
- 3+years of disciplined application design and development experience in the Internet or software industry with increasing responsibility and success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or an additional 4 years' experience in software development.
- Demonstrated strong development skills in Java SE
- Experience with designing & developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites experience at an Internet company highly desirable
- Prior Design and Development experience using Service Oriented Architectures
- Hands-on experience using Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX, JQuery and data exchange with XML and JSON formats.
- Experience in Linux commands related to applications integration testing is must
- Experience with application packaging and deployment tools e.G. Maven.
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.G., Engineering, QA, Operations and Project Management. History of increasing responsibilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with Rich Client internet applications desirable AJAX etc.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with search engines desirable preferably Lucene/SOLR
- Familiarity with SEO concepts is desirable