Software Engineering Manager
New York, NY
We are looking for exceptional Software Engineering Managers who are experienced people managers, developers, and leaders with vision.
As a software engineering manager, you will:
- Join one of our cross-functional development teams and contribute hands-on to our products and infrastructure.
- Act as player-coach and champion engineering standards.
- Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent.
- Lead technical planning.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning.
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high-quality software that helps Flatiron to grow.
- You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture.
- You are recognized as a leader and authority by your peers.
- You recognize that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers, and you are passionate about coaching, mentorship, and career development.
- You keep abreast of broad technical change across the industry.
- You recognize the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems.
- You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.