Senior Software Engineer
- Develop scalable, dynamic, and enterprise software infrastructure for healthcare and population health management to support:
- Big-data analytics (Semantic Data Lake)
- Large-scale real-time information exchange
- Secure clinical data management
- Mobile health
- Dynamic and secure data capture.
- Develop automated and scalable quality assurance processes for detecting software anomalies, and verify the integrity of the products and data.
- Move products through the full development process from research and validation through operational launch.
- Work with project sponsors, management, and the technical team to formulate objectives and scope of work.
- Partner with SMEs and technical leads to translate business requirements into technical specifications and user stories for implementation.
- Analyze, understand, and document all data infrastructures, pipelines, and resources pertaining to the Network Performance Group's analytics.
- Develop institutional metadata representations, ontologies, terminologies, information models, and terminology mappings.
- Represent Medical Center in field meetings, conferences, and publications. Collaborate with teams from other organizations and take initiative to drive consensus and sound decision making in a group setting.
Please note the Informatics team is based at the Medical Center Yonkers Office- not in the Bronx
- Bachelor's degree in information science, computer science, engineering or a similar area, with 3 + years of related experience.
- Master's degree preferred. Combination of education and comparable experience will also be considered.
- Proficient in database application development (SQL),
- Web application development, object oriented design and programing
- Experienced and proficient in SOA architecture (SOAP, REST). For e.G. AJAX, JSON, XML, HTML5
- Experienced and proficient in GUI frameworks for .Aspx or .Jsp
- Spring or servlet experience
- Application development in healthcare, life sciences, or clinical research
- Experience working with application servers like Tomcat/JBoss
- Experience working on analytical environments like R, Knime and H2O
- Experience working with Big data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark
- Experience working with technologies from the Semantic Web Stack like RDF, SPARQL
- Knowledge of common Linux commands and shell scripting
- Understanding of data and metadata management in health care systems
- Security and protection of private health information including encryption standards
- Data integration and quality control in health care systems
- Algorithm development for statistical processing or analytics in health care