Senior Network Engineer
Our dedicated team of talented contributors includes software developers, quantitative researchers, network engineers, systems administrators, and data scientists. We align our teams to enable dynamic change in a global environment and deliver high performance, data-driven decisions.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer who can rapidly integrate with our global engineering and support teams. To succeed in this role the right person must bring an attitude that no problem is too big or too small to deserve their attention. We want a colleague who can shift gears and pivot quickly to Get Things Done, both locally and across geographies.
· Gather requirements and analyze data to build high-performance network environments.
· Distill high-level end-to-end architectures into detailed deployment and operational documents.
· Operate in multiple network domains with disparate reliability and throughput needs.
· Plan, coordinate, and deploy Layer1 optical transport and Layer2/3 Ethernet switch topologies.
· Rationalize and modify routing parameters to increase efficiency and achieve business goals.
· Serve as an escalation point for level 2/3 network support and vendor technical assistance.
· Educate software developers, application support, & traders on various networking capabilities.
· Troubleshoot Layer 1 through Layer4 issues with equipment counters and packet captures.
· Simulate production environments to profile and validate various hardware and software.
· Interface with external vendors and network peers in a clear and concise manner.
· Evaluate and create tools to enhance monitoring, alerting, and automation of network devices.
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a network administrator or engineer is required.
· Experience designing and maintaining BGP, OSPF, PIM, and IGMP networks at scale is required.
· Hands on experience in a multi-vendor environment (ie. Cisco, Arista, F5, etc.) is required.
· Experience dealing with financial exchanges or brokers/banks is highly preferred.
· Proficiency with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) and data models (SQL, etc.) is preferred.
· Understanding of the Linux operating system and C/C++ programming is preferred.
· Above average proficiency with email, spreadsheets, and diagraming (Microsoft Office + Visio) tools is required.
· BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar field required.
· MS or higher in an engineering discipline is preferred.
· Relevant vendor certification (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, etc.) is highly preferred.