Senior Manager of Payroll Tax & HR Compliance
reports directly to the Head of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS and provides leadership and management of the company's payroll tax withholdings, filings, reporting and compliance. This individual should have at least 6 to 10 years of payroll tax and compliance experience and will perform and supervise payroll tax related activities as well as update the HR employee handbook to insure compliance with various state and local laws including paid family leaves, paid sick days and workplace accommodations. Responsible for supervising 2 Payroll professionals.
- Maintain compliance on all federal, state and local payroll regulations.
- Preparation or approval of Wire Transfer entries relating to funding each pay cycle.
- Assist in reconciling payroll prior to transmission.
- Responsible for accurate and timely tax payments for each pay period.
- Ensure vendor filings for Quarter and Year-end tax reporting (e.G., 941, W-2, W-2c, etc...).
- Auditing of annual W-2s including cost of employer-sponsored health coverage.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reports as needed via ADP report writing (e.G., annual Corporate Tax Report, Census, Bureau of Labor, etc...)
- Work with various auditors including Worker's Compensation and State.
- Review all G/L reconciliations of tax accounts and wage payments.
- Responsible for quarterly liability reconciliation by entity for our Non-Qualified compensation plans.
- Administer tax withholding for quarterly stock dividends for executives.
- Subject matter tax expert on payroll tax issues including multistate taxation compliance. Monitor the ever-changing tax-filing landscape to develop a multi-state payroll taxation policy for our employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and updates employee handbook to insure compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned and ability to work overtime as needed.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll and time and attendance systems
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including strong excel skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a large workload and handle multiple priorities while remaining detail oriented
- Must be a team player with an attitude toward excellence in customer service
- Understanding of FLSA, ACA and other related employment laws