Senior Java Developer
New York, NY
The role involves support and enhancement of business functionality of these proprietary trade execution systems, working as a part of distributed team of developers in the UK and US. The role includes exposure to full SDLC in a fast moving environment. The candidate will learn the trading system technology by performing escalated business support, problem triage and analysis, identifying fixes and enhancements and implementing them in code, as well as working on the business-driven feature enhancements to the system. Whilst the candidate will be based in the US he/she will be expected to work closely with a team of developers in the UK. The firm seeks an enthusiastic, driven developer who can rely upon their own initiative and willingness to learn to succeed. Key
• Provide escalated development support for the trade execution systems in Credit and Rates, be a part of an on-call rota and provide out of hours support if necessary.
• Develop of new trading system functionality to meet BGC' s business and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years Java experience in building complex Java applications
• A good working knowledge of the UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems
• Expertise in core java with good knowledge of multithreading and concurrency
• Good understanding of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
• Working experience in relational database technology, Oracle preferred Desirable
• Good knowledge of Linux
• Experience with web technology stack
• FIX (The Financial Information eXchange) protocol
• Good working knowledge of any of the following business areas: Fixed Income, Money Markets and Credit Derivatives.
• Education to degree level is preferred
• Self-starter, taking initiative at every opportunity, curious and willing to learn.
• Holding practical view of technology as a tool to achieving the goal rather than the goal itself.
• Good written and oral communication is essential