Senior Java Developer
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will build applications that push the envelope when it comes to throughput, latency, resiliency, all the while making sure that we deliver on-time and within budget.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO KNOW (Required Skills and Experience)
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in designing and coding complex, enterprise, commercial-grade applications in core, server-side Java, ideally Java 8+
- Experience building RESTful Web Services
- Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
- Experience with Agile software development (e.G. SCRUM or KANBAN)
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experienceWHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE? (Desired skills and Experience)
- Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.WHO ARE YOU? (The Secret Sauce)
- You have an engineering mindset we are not hacking things together or building algorithms in isolation we build real systems, and we treat software as a craft that we approach with an engineer's discipline.
- You are someone we want to work with you challenge the status quo and are someone we can learn from. Historically, we have been great at hiring such people, and now they are the cornerstones of Lab49. You will be responsible for building and nurturing this community.
- You are someone that is passionate about technology you follow the industry, you build things on your own, you tinker and hack, you read aplenty and attend meet-ups. You know that the technology landscape changes every few years and you retool continuously.
- You have built things, you've seen the whole project lifecycle, you have delivered; you've seen failure and you've learned from it. You have developed the insight that will enable you to lead your team to deliver on time and within budget.
- You are interested in mastering the full technology stack; you know its problems; you know where it shines.
- Your knowledge of computer science fundamentals prevents you from reinventing the wheel.
- You understand the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews.
- You are pragmatic: you get things done, you can find a creative compromise between an ideal technical solution and actual client needs.