Senior Infrastructure Engineer
New York, NY
Bachelor's in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
5 years of supervisory or project management responsibilities.
Preferably five or more years of experience in large or mid-size organizations, cross-functional teams.
Demonstrated experience in strategic plan execution, organization design and development.
Provide a capability to present technology and communicate effectively in writing to senior management. Drive the Infrastructure strategy and solution development to peers across the offices.
Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs. Knowledge and awareness of Cloud service management and administration of Cloud technologies.
Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in overseeing IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic project planning and execution skills.
Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
Success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps/DevSecOps that are optimized for agility.
Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously exploit capabilities to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure and operational solutions to enable the business to explore new opportunities.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to technology and business leaders, while providing business concepts to the I&O workforce.
The candidate will work closely with business partners to resolve issues, and partner with other technology support groups to perform upgrades, and resolve Infrastructure related issues. Responsibilities include the following:
- Work as part of a team to support VMware and Microsoft products.
- Have extensive knowledge of NetApp, Horizon View & vCenter Server.
- Have experience and knowledge of Software Defined Data Center and Agile Infrastructure technologies.
- Manage all backup and archiving solutions for the firm.
- Manage Investcorp's Exchange, messaging systems and O365.
- Administrate Unified Computing and networking Cisco platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and end user problems.
- Develop strategies for existing and new product enhancements.
- Administrate and develop collaboration solutions, primarily with Video Conferencing and Edge computing platforms.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate virtual environment levels.
- Provide inter-office support for the company.
Must have the ability to understand and relate product technology, strategy and direction with business needs. Candidate must be able to work well in a team environment providing leadership in areas of expertise. Engineer must be able to manage multiple systems environments such as development, testing, and production environments. Candidates will be interviewed for potential in all areas of responsibility described. The ideal candidate must have the following skills:
- 5+ years technical knowledge of VMware View, vCenter, ESXi, and related virtualization technologies.
- Experience managing/supporting a production VMware View & Virtual Center environment.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows technologies, Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, InTune MDM, DHCP, NetAPP, and Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and SQL database technologies.
- Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter and excel when working in a team environment.
- 7+ years' experience in information systems.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of both Cisco, VMWare, Windows platforms.
- Experience with networking and FlexPOD administration including Hyperconverge technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise storage solutions, specifically NetAPP.