Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY
- Extract, analyze, and prepare data from the University's financial system (ARC) and Reporting system (Cognos) to create reports for financial analysis regarding RVUs, revenues, expenses, account balances, variance reporting.
- Produce quarterly physician productivity reports. In addition review physician monthly scorecards and referring physicians reports produced by financial analysts.
- Serve in the annual operating and payroll budgeting process for timely and accurate completion of departmental operational budgets.
- Assist in the development of strategic business plans.
- Responsible for processing periodical budget updates into the University's budget tool.
- Perform monthly P&L review meetings to review financial performance against budgeted goals; identify significant variances.
- Analyze financial results of different business units and the overall financial position of the department.
- Manage and track hospital Joint Budget support at physician level.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc clinical reports as required to evaluate departmental business needs.
- Responsible for special projects as required.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus five years of progressively comprehensive financial planning and analysis responsibility in a large, complex organization required.
Superior financial analysis skills required, including the ability to prepare detailed financial reports that include qualitative discussions of financial drivers, budgets and variances, and forward-looking implications. Necessary experience includes budget and/or other financial analysis, such as interpretation of financial statements. Expert-level computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel and Word) required, including in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet packages.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a well-developed knowledge of quantitative analysis capable of working with minimal oversight to solve a problem or meet a need. Ability to work through complex issues, elevating issues appropriately to directors and core administration team. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must be able to work with complex financial models and be meticulous in quantitative detail.