Senior Financial Analyst
Elmwood Park, NJ
The Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance specializing in billing decision-support will be an integral part of the finance team as well as assist with revenue recognition for the accounting team.
Principal Job Duties
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Assist in revenue forecasting and modeling and interact heavily with the SVP of Sales and the VP of Finance.
- Assist in deep dive analysis and monitoring of billing performance to identify trends in payor behaviors.
- Create and maintain robust reporting, tracking, and guidance for internal billing focused teams, and will be actively involved in enhancing FP&A's ability to track revenue related activities
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required to support the business and its leaders
- Support reporting and analytics needs of the SVP of Sales and the Executive Team including KPI's, reports, and dashboards related to billing and revenue recognition
- Work with Finance, Billing, Payor Relations, Lab Operations to analyze payor and test specific revenue recognition models and results
- Maintain a strong focus on aiding Business Leaders in making value enhancing business decisions
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in Finance / Accounting or relevant field
- MBA or other graduate degree in Finance related field a plus
- 3+ years in a finance or corporate accounting role
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis
- Experience with financial planning and analysis functions and decision-support
- Solid understanding of database systems and the ability to organize & optimize data for accuracy
- Strong written and oral presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to senior management
- Outstanding work ethic; driven to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment where managing multiple tasks and adapting to changing priorities is essential.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, PowerPoint and Word
- Relevant healthcare experience a plus
- Relevant understanding of the billing process a plus