Senior Engineer - UE4
- Design and develop large-scale real time rendering techniques, components, tools, and demos to provide game platform solutions that can scale for mass interactive live events.
- Collaborate on the design and integration of the Unreal Engine to meet the needs of our test site platforms and venue hardware.
- Collaborate closely with other developers, artists, and designers to scale up new types of mass interactive games.
- Research and support proofs of concepts with various partners and vendors.
- Collaborate closely with our Interactive Concept Group and other departments to share pipeline innovations and improvements as well as helping to integrate our game platform and tools.
- Write technical documentation and clearly communicate complex solutions and challenges, even to non-technical staff.
- Stay current on relevant technology and conduct necessary research, due diligence, prototyping, and testing to assess emerging technology options.
- Attend and report in daily scrums and bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives in accordance with Agile best practices.
- Computer Science BS, MS or PhD degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional experience with Unreal Engine 4 with both C++ coding and Blueprints experience is required
- 3+ years knowledge of real-time graphics techniques and HLSL or GLSL shader code is required
- 4+ years of professional game engineering or related field experience required
- Working knowledge of implementing and prototyping large environments/worlds, AI character systems, visual effects, particle systems, and animation systems highly preferred
- Experience with Unreal networked multiplayer systems (i.E. Actor Replication, RPCs, etc) is preferred