Senior Engineer - Commodities
New York, NY
We work and sit side-by-side with our front office business and interact with our stakeholders daily and are looking for you to bring proven problem-solving skills, software development expertise in C++ and Python and your interest in financial markets to this role.
Your key responsibilities will be to acquire a broad understanding of our division’ s core risk management system, specifically how it applies to FIC products so that you can help us develop and test features to enrich this system for some key upcoming projects.
We will also look to you to contribute to the requirements gathering and review of these projects with the business and other support areas; from this you will see the results of your work in use and have the opportunity to continually upgrade your skillset with respect to both technical skills and business/product knowledge.
Day to Day Duties:
- Develop and test extensions to the Macquarie risk management framework and its surrounding infrastructure in C++, Python.
- Present test evidence and gain approval to deploy changes to production infrastructure.
- Contribute to supporting the framework, responding to inquiries regarding calculations observed in various finance (P&L) and risk modules.
- Automation of daily processes and helping to improve efficiency of existing processes.
- Seeking and incorporating feedback from business clients for continuous improvement.
- At least 5 years’ experience in C++ and/or Python
- Understanding in data structures, Object Oriented Programming and Unix OS fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- Financial knowledge is desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with collaboration across teams, functional areas and regions