Industry: IT Perm
Job Number: 12204734
The Senior Workplace Engineer Directory Services & Virtualization will use their experience and expertise to maintain best practice with regards to building and maintaining a secure, stable, and optimally-performing directory services environment. This key technology thought leader will be responsible for architecting, engineering and deploying solutions that drive outcomes within the Active Directory, Universal Directory, Authentication and Authorization platforms for the company. We currently runs a complex and distribution directory services infrastructure that is a combination of legacy approaches and new thinking. This senior technologist will evolve the current thinking and pivot to cloud based services which will deliver a seamless user experience on desktops, mobile devices, cloud services and integrates with all application services. They should be a though provoker in applying automated and self-consumptive solutions which allows associates and customers to engage with the technology on their terms and with minimal complexity. In addition, this unique individual will develop the workplace virtualization platform and capabilities with an emphasis on always available on any device mentality. This includes capabilities in virtual desktop deployment, thin applications and app volumes and virtualized end functions which run on any device in a secure manner. This is a transformative opportunity to redefine what the next generation workplace experience is at one of the world's most iconic companies.
- Drives the architecture, design, deployment and operations of all directory services for the company. This includes Active Directory, Universal Directory, and Authentication and Authorization.
- Develops capabilities and functions that allow for application and application service integration into the directory framework and ensures a seamless user experience in consuming technical capabilities.
- Leads the thought process for developing automation across the Microsoft and AWS clouds related to directory services and virtual end point services.
- Develops mobile device management solutions across the infrastructure and workplace device environment ensures proper application of policies and security context.
- Develops, designs, validates and implements best of breed technology in support of the virtual desktop environment, virtualized applications, application functions and other cloud capabilities.
- In conjunction with the rest of the Workplace Technology team designs an end user experience which focuses on delivering technology anywhere, at anytime to any device with an emphasis on mobile and virtual application experiences.
- Develops the automation framework for the delivery of technology across the workplace portfolio.
- Develops, designs and delivers the technical roadmap for the use of Cloud based capabilities consistent with the end user experience road