Senior DevOps Engineer
New York, NY
- Work closely with the Development, QA, and Product teams to design strategic and cost-effective infrastructure environments.
- Manage the AWS tagging and identification of services to appropriately track costs against services and client usage.
- Work with the IT team to effectively implement security and redundancy initiatives within a Change Management System.
- Continue to optimize and extend our deployment methodologies to encompass new requirements and opportunities making the systems more reliable and resilient.
- Manage and maintain our Kanban DevOps board to highlight potential risks and opportunities to the necessary stakeholders (technical, product, and executive).
- Own and evolve our monitoring, alerting, and visualization/graphing systems.
- Coordinate deployment requirements across disparate systems when required.
- Create and maintain our supporting technical documentation such as flowcharts diagrams, and internal Confluence articles.
- Constant attention to uptime and availability across all of our systems and services.
- 5+ years managing diverse DevOps workloads, across infrastructure, administration, deployment, development support and monitoring.
- Windows AD administration experience, including centralized patch/update management, service accounts, multi-domain permissions, and High-availability failover systems.
- Linux administration experience, including High Availability, SELinux tools, Centos, Core, and patch management.
- Extensive experience in managing and deploying environments in Amazon Web Services.
- Extensive containerization, orchestration, and service discovery experience on both Windows and Linux hosts, using docker and/or ECS.
- Extensive experience with Git and ECR (or Git Repo), including branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Experience managing NFS and SMB permissions and mounts across a heterogeneous environment.
- Ability to multi-task easily and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong inclination to learn new technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and nontechnical team members.
- Experience managing Jenkins / Chef / Cloud Formation as well as permissions systems like AD and LDAP.
- Experience managing and maintaining ElasticSearch infrastructure and clustering, both as a part of an ELK stack as well as an application data source.
- Computer Science or Math background is a plus.
- We utilize C# for our main development work as well as the services MS SQL, MSMQ, ElasticSearch, Jenkins and Chef, so any experience either troubleshooting or managing those languages and services would be a large plus.
- Experience with digital content (images, videos, etc) is a plus.
- Certifications in AWS and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer designation are big pluses.