Senior Data Scientist
New York, NY
You will join a small but growing team of Data Scientists. Our work is in high-demand from all corners of the company. We work on a variety of problems and have a real impact on the business and product. If you have a proven background in data and you are excited about making code education accessible, we want to hear from you!
- Apply exploratory data analysis and causal inference to answer complex questions about our users.
- Collaborate across teams to help scope out analyses, through a combination of experimentation (A/B testing) and quantitative user research.
- Design experiments and evaluate results to test and iterate on new product ideas.
- Perform deep dives into our data to build understanding around our business.
- Work with our data science and engineering teams to maintain data integrity.
- Mentor and consult with a cross-functional team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of industry experience in a data science, analytics, or research role. You have strong data intuition and knowledge of using data science best practices to drive impact.
- Expert SQL - we use Redshift. Able to write clean and efficient queries on massive datasets.
- Applied experience with statistical programming languages - R or Python preferred.
- Understanding of statistical methods and when to use them (hypothesis testing, experiment design, sampling).
- Strong written and verbal communicator. Comfortable working with loosely defined research problems.
What will make you stand out:
- Background in experimentation and measurement. We're looking to streamline our experimentation reporting framework and would love your help.
- A workflow involving reproducible methods and version control - Github, Docker.
- Experience automating dashboards with business intelligence tools - Looker, Tableau.
- Passionate about teaching the world to code. Empathy for our learners, such as a background in education or past experience using our site.