Senior Data Engineer
New York, NY
Infrastructure & Services team is responsible for the infrastructure and operations to deliver our service to millions of users learning to code. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join this team; in this role you will also work closely with our Data Science team. In this role you will take ownership of our event based architecture and data warehousing. You will also need to assess and devise an effective end to end data infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with Amazon Redshift, ETLs, and MongoDB.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build scalable data infrastructure solutions.
- Design and optimize new and existing data pipelines.
- Integrate new data sources into our existing data architecture.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of software engineers and data scientists.
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining large scale ETL systems.
- Deep understanding of database design and data structures.
- Fluency in one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala.
- Experience working with cloud-based data platforms (we use AWS).
- SQL and data warehousing skills -- able to write clean and efficient queries
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- Strong project management skills; a proven ability to gather and translate requirements from stakeholders across functions and teams into tangible results
- Experience with tools in our current warehousing stack: Apache Airflow, Redshift, Segment, Kinesis, S3, Looker.
- Familiarity with the database technologies we use in production: MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Comfort with containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience (or interest in learning to) productionizing machine learning models.