Senior C# Developer
New York City, NY
A Senior Developer is required to work with teams delivering complex projects within the financial services sector. During client engagements, the successful candidate will work as part of a small team of Client consultants and perform activities such as technical analysis, design, development and testing – supported by high-quality documentation.
Within pre-sales, the role involves working with our senior consultants to explore clients' requirements and qualify them sufficiently in order to develop compelling proposals for the services we provide.
Client is looking for a proactive, team-orientated, intelligent and ambitious candidate with a keen focus on delivering results and the ability to remain diligent, cool-headed and professional at all times.
Through projects, training and development we will help successful candidates to develop specific areas of deep expertise for which they will become recognized. This will provide the opportunity to drive business development in their chosen area of expertise.
The successful candidate will work within our consulting practice to provide challenging project-based services within financial services, covering areas such as electronic markets, trading and risk management. Projects can be performed either on the client site or on an outsourced basis within Client' s offices.
The key skills and qualities required are:
• 3+ years of experience in C# and HTML5, with the majority in the financial sector.
• 1+ Experience with Angular or React
• Experience with R is a plus
• Minimum 2: 1 or equivalent at degree level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a team-based attitude.
• Passion for delivering solutions whilst learning and expanding skills.
• Comfortable working directly with end users in client environments.
• An ability to conduct careful, structured analysis on complex problems or requirements in order to identify effective solutions.
• Ability to independently plan, organize and manage work.
• Strong knowledge of internet communication protocols and data formats, e.G. REST, JSON, HTTP*, etc.
• Competent database knowledge including transactions, indexing and SQL in different dialects.
• Competent knowledge of a variety of messaging systems and enterprise integration patterns.
• Competency and best-practice knowledge in code management & metrics solutions.
• A contiguous employment history for at least five years.