New York, NY
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to all phases of engagements including planning, field work and wrap up.
- Manage and train staff to understand accounting/auditing procedures
- Maintain an updated knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards
- Preparation of financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Mentoring lower level staff to help in their professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject
- CPA License a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience
- A thorough understanding GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of SEC and PCAOB auditing standards a plus