Senior Auditor - Fluent in Mandarin
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits.
- Begin to develop generally accepted accounting principles and SEC accounting and reporting rules, where applicable, and financial statement presentation.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client's business.
- Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject
- CPA License a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience
- A thorough understanding GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of SEC and PCAOB auditing standards a plus
- Develop a network of potential referral sources and identify opportunities to sell additional Prager Metis services.
- Demonstrated ability to function at a high level in a deadline driven, time-sensitive environment
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin), a must
- Ability to travel to China. Travel time approximate 25% - 30%.