New York, NY
A Marketing & Advertising company located in Midtown, NYC is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their Financial Reporting team.
Work closely with the business to manage a scalable finance function, deliver high quality management information for two companies while maintaining robust controls and cashflow. Reporting to the Group Director of Finance.
- Mange the monthly reporting processes and ensure accurate and timely production of management and statutory accounts
- Local lead for the US year end audit process
- Local liaison in respect to auditors, tax advisors, legal advisors and insurers.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GAAP/IFRS
- Lead the day to day control of cash and working capital management
- Provide technical accounting leadership to the business
- Full responsibility for income reporting
- Continuous improvement of Financial Accounting and Control processes to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead finance system development projects to improve efficiency and support new business initiatives
Key skills and attributes:
- Experienced and qualified accountant (CPA preferred)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience of group and multi-currency environments
- High attention to detail
- Team player and ability to work independently to tight deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic media environment
- Strong ownership and work ethic
- Media/advertising industry experience is a plus but not a requirement