Senior AWS Server Engineer
- Manage private and public cloud computing technologies by means of scripting and automation (DevOps Infrastructure as code).
- Automate repetitive tasks including system builds, configuration and application installation processes.
- Research, architect and implement from PoC to full scale deployment.
- Evangelize industry best practices and trends throughout Technology Operations, Application Development and Information Security to facilitate successful delivery of cloud projects.
- Manage and support infrastructure applications
- This position often requires frequent off-hours activity and support. This includes working on items that can only be performed after 9 PM ET on weeknights or on weekends. At times, this requires physically being in the office after normal business hours.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience, architecting, engineering and supporting technologies from the following list:
- AWS Foundation Services (compute, network, storage, IAM, security and automation).
- PowerShell & Power CLI
- One of the following Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Formation
- Windows Server 2008R2-2016
- vSphere 6+ installation, configuration, management.
- Strong AWS experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of VMware vSphere installation, configuration, administration and support is required.
- Windows Server 2008R2 and 2016 skills including installation, configuration, security and domain management with a strong emphasis on security.
- Experience working at financial institutions and with financial applications preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be able to author work instructions, best practice documents and scripts which can be followed by others.
- Demonstrate the ability to master new and diverse technologies.
- Proven ability to work well in and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines including Server/Platform Engineering, Network Engineering, Application Development and Information Security.