Senior / Staff Software Engineer (Golang)
New York, NY
This team is responsible for building tooling and functionality for our business users. The goal of this team is to facilitate the growth of our business to business product, by helping large enterprises purchase and deploy our software to thousands of employees, assign content, and track learner progress both on and off our platform.
If you're passionate about solving enterprise scale problems and thinking about how to manage hundreds or thousands of employees effectively to make sure they are maximizing their potential on our platform, this team is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Extend the code evaluation engine that parses and evaluates code samples submitted by our learners, millions of times every single day (Go, Docker, AWS)
- Improve the interactive Learning Environment by creating new experiences, and increasing its reliability and performance (React, Ruby on Rails, Go)
- Design and improve systems for gaining insights about user learning (Ruby on Rails, Go, AWS Redshift/SQL)
- Design and improve APIs to enable other product teams to surface learning data to users in Client ways (Ruby, Go)
- Scale learning content production capacity by building new content production workflows in our internal CMS (React, Ruby, Go)
- Experience designing APIs from the ground up; comfortable with API design patterns (REST, RPC)
- A passion for testing best practices; can write unit tests in your favorite language with your eyes closed
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases. We currently use a combination of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Amazon Redshift
- Familiarity with containerization technologies. We use Docker and Kubernetes extensively in development and production
- Experience with ops and/or containerization technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, EC2, ECS, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks. We use React, Redux, and Webpack
- Particularly strong front-end experience in the React ecosystem
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Proven empathy for our users, such as a background in education or past experience using our site
- BS/MS in Computer Science or engineering