Sales and Business Development Manager, Corporate Trust Loan Agency Americas
New York, NY
To drive the CTLA business development activities within America through selling CTLA's products and services to both internal and external business introducers. This is to support new international opportunities being originated globally which are to be serviced from the CTLA NYC/NJ office.
There is specific emphasis in ensuring the business development role extends to driving the wider CF and GB/CMB collaboration efforts.
Impact on the Business
- Make a leading contribution to achieving CTLA America's overall PBT plan.
- Achieving both individual and wider CTLA Europe teams new year 1 business development targets.
- Strong collaboration with internal business introducers (PEF, LAF, DCM) to ensure we are effectively positioned to bid on all new business opportunities being originated in the region.
- Grow revenue from our Group client base.
- Investment Bank community & other financial institutions & corporates. In terms of Project Finance/Project Bonds external client base would extend to equity and senior investors, including insurance and pension funds, and SWFs.
- Leverage intermediary relationship contacts, such as law firms and consultancy firms
- All CF and GB/CMB origination teams.
- Financial Institutions & Corporates across most customer groups. Leveraging Group Relationship Managers (&/or equivalents).
- This is a self-starter role requiring self-discipline and motivation. Use of own initiative to largely direct and own the agenda around the business development framework.
- Authentic and inspirational leadership (prominence and gravitas) is required in order to positively position the role and the wider global CTLA business. Extensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Build on existing, and developing out a wider network.
- Proactive management of own performance in accordance with Client's performance management approach.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external sales channels to increase new business and promote CTLA's services.
- Maintain and develop cross region relationships with other CTLA regions.
- Strong risk management understanding, with a view of reducing the risk profile of CTLA.
- Ad-hoc project or investigative work to provide process and control analysis as requested by senior management.
- Understand the internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business.
- Translate the wider CTLA business strategy in to a robust and progressive sales execution strategy including aligning our client coverage model in order to develop and drive CTLA business.
- Achieve both individual and also wider CTLA European team new business year 1 revenue targets.
- Keep pace with the changing demands as our strategy and products evolve.
- Build and maintain internal and external business contacts to ensure a greater awareness of CTLA products and services in the region.
- Developing and maintain detailed CTLA product knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of Compliance, Risk and Regulatory requirements.
- Ability to set/develop the strategy, identify new market and product opportunities.
- Maintain and develop strong internal CTLA relationships.
- Works with other areas of HSS & the Client Group to present a cohesive and coordinated image of both CTLA and the Client Group with a view to maximising collaboration and cross sell opportunities.
- Acts as a leader & ambassador for CTLA & Client (both internally and externally). This should include speaking appointments / presentations in public forums, such as industry conferences etc.
- Continually re-assesses the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal, tax and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
- New business proposals to be in line with Client policies. Presentations of new deals to the Regional, and where required, Global, Business Acceptance Committees.
- Identify appropriate attendance at Industry Forums and Conferences.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a detailed development plans for key client.
- Responsible for execution of strategy in line with the client coverage model including client planning and calling.
- Responsible for completing new business revenue targets.
- Required to have & maintain a detailed understanding of the International Capital Markets.
- Responsibility for the type of business bought into CTLA and will need to demonstrate good judgment, ensuring that the client and their business fits the Bank's risk requirements (i.E 6th Filter, Reputational Risk, and Sustainability.
- New business proposals to be in line with CTLA Client policies. Presentations of new deals to the regional, and where required, Global, Business Acceptance Committees.
- Previous CTLA or related experience would be desirable
- Educated to degree / professional level.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), experienced negotiator with strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and strong business acumen.
- Able to work independently, in a pressurized environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong IT skills.