Sales and Business Development Director
New York, NY
The role holder will be able to generate and close sales leads and opportunities in alignment with strategic CLIENT initiatives across client segments in the Americas region. The role holder must be versatile across all Americas sales support requirements and fluent in the CLIENT global product spectrum.
The detailed role will include:
- Developing and managing a robust sales pipeline and implementing a strategic sales plan to monetize that pipeline, with a goal of exceeding annual individual and Americas sales targets.
- Utilizing industry contacts and relationships to source, lead, and close CLIENT Americas sales leads and opportunities. Focus on custody, fund administration, and other services for U.S.-based traditional and investment managers, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and quasi-wealth funds.
- Collaborating with and supporting HClient Global Relationship Bankers, both in the Americas and overseas, to identify and close CLIENT business opportunities, in consultation with other CLIENT stakeholders, be they SBD, Client Management, Service Delivery, Product, or Senior Executive Management. Serve as trusted advisor on inquiries and referrals received from Global Relationship Bankers and other Client lines of business.
- Demonstrating a high degree of teamwork and collaboration to undertake and fulfil administrative duties vital to the successful functioning of the CLIENT Americas SBD Team. Duties can include industry analysis, competitor analysis, strategy vetting, prospect analysis, and other types of responsibilities.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
• University degree holder in Business Administration or related disciplines;
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the custody or banking industry;
• Solid experience and interest in custody for cross-border investment, plus detailed knowledge of the investment management industry, as well as the custody and fund administration services underlying that industry;
• In-depth knowledge of cross-border access for both investors into and out of the U.S.;
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets, and be able to identify the right type of prospects and business for CLIENT Americas;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a high degree of client-centricity, a team focus, and a collaborative spirit;
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills; ability to work autonomously with proper guidance and direction.
• Native fluency in spoken and written English; excellent presentation skills and proven ability to lead and influence in a team setting;
• Be change-oriented and able to deal with tight deadlines and work pressure independently;
• Enthusiasm and an ability to work with individuals across business units and in different global markets.