New York, NY
The Database Administrator role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of SQL databases and server systems. The DBA will be responsible for developing, designing and implementing database deployments within XXXX with a focus on maintaining and supporting applications and databases within all our hosting environments.
The position will also be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing all Database Operations including planning, configuration, trouble-shooting, monitoring, security configurations and migrations
- Manage SQL Server databases in multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure SQL implementations & integrations meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan, coordinate and manage data migrations and replication between systems.
- Help development team members write efficient queries
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Hands-on working experience with SQL in public cloud spaces like AWS, Azure, etc
- Be part of an On-Call Rotation
You will be successful in this role if you:
- 5-7 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Superb Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008-2106 is a must
- Experience managing non-relational database servers is a plus
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native and 3rd party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Demonstrated understanding of complex SQL, stored procedures, database functions, SSIS and ANSI and T-SQL queries and scripts.
- Experience running and supporting very large data warehouse databases (OLAP, Big Data) and the Kimball methodology.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Always On, MS SQL Clustering and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Security, SQL Server Database Encryption (TDE) and data protection best practices
- Experience working with Windows server with a working knowledge of general Datacenter operations both physical and virtual
- Experience with data processing flow-charting techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology