New York, NY
About the Job
DBA role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of SQL databases and server systems. The Database Administrator is responsible for analyzing complex T-SQL code, and recommending and implementing performance tuning techniques. Candidates who have made a switch from developer to DBA or have served as an Application DBA will also be considered. The role is split between performance tuning and operations/production support. The DBA will be responsible for developing, designing and implementing database deployments within KBRA with a focus on maintaining and supporting applications and databases within all our hosting environments.
The position will also be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing all Database Operations including planning, configuration, trouble-shooting, monitoring, security configurations and migrations
- Build & Manage SQL Server databases in multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Always look for opportunities to improve performance using database optimization techniques (both from database design perspective and T-SQL tuning).
- Identifying opportunities to implement automation and standardize delivery of DBMS services to support faster and more flexible service delivery without impacting quality or performance.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure SQL implementations & integrations meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan, coordinate and manage data migrations and replication between systems.
- Help development team members write efficient queries
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Working with SQL in public cloud spaces like AWS, Azure, etc
- Be part of an On-Call Rotation
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 5-8 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Superb Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2016/2107 is a must
- Expert knowledge of T-SQL query tuning and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) techniques using native tools
- Must have experience supporting VDLB (> 5TB).
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Demonstrated understanding of complex SQL, stored procedures, database functions, SSIS and ANSI and T-SQL queries and scripts.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Always On Availability Groups, MS SQL Clustering and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Security, SQL Server Database Encryption (TDE) and data protection best practices
- Experience working with Windows server with a working knowledge of general Datacenter operations both physical and virtual
- Open source DBMS and noSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with data processing flow-charting techniques.
- Experience managing SQL Server data bases in the cloud, Azure experience preferred
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology