Robotics Java Developer
New York, NY
Client Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. Investment Management Technology is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of the global technical platforms that supports the IM Business.
Roles And Responsibilities
The individual will be working with the IM Global Operations IT group. Operations IT owns and manages a suite of world class 24 x 7 applications with a mix of both vendor and in-house products. The operations function, team and platforms are all global, operated from all the key financial centers around the world. The team has been a leader in the industry with the adoption of cutting edge technologies and is currently looking to start a new practice around robotics process automation, which would allow business to save cost and bring efficiency to several operational processes
We are looking for a strong java developer to join the team that is responsible for the following platforms:
- IM Advanced Automation Program (Project Quantum) is a multi-year initiative to take process automation to the next level. Currently, the program is focused on Robotic Process Automation (RPA), to use best of breed cutting edge technology to automate manual process across IM
- Trade Service Layer (TSL) is a 24x7 Straight-Through-Process (STP) engine globally for client Investment Management. Core responsibility is to serve as a global trade hub and transmission engine across various trading platforms and the record keeping system, Trade Confirmation and Posting. Build on foundational high performance java based application server architecture; the end to end STP process for each trade only takes 300 millisecond for validation, enrichment and transmission
- TWMS (Trade Workflow Management System) is a workflow engine for Mutual Fund STP process. It is a configuration driven, user defined workflow engine to handle the execution and settlement for all MSIM mutual funds trading. TWMS is being evolved into a global platform offering to facilitate MF trading across MSIM globally
The ideal candidate will get involved in the design, development, and testing of multi-tier systems and components across the above platforms. We are looking for a passionate technologist who' s ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies.
Strong interpersonal skills and good team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communication. This job demands strong work ethic and an ability to handle multiple priorities. As part of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. We support what we build - you will also be responsible for post-production L3 support on a rotation basis. It is very important that the candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision.
This position focuses on all stages of SDLC starting from requirement analysis, design, code development, testing and deployment of the new components. Candidate will be expected to be very hands-on and pick-up domain knowledge quickly. We focus on solving business problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learning and adopting with new technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with Java Programming.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Experience on Pega/OpenSpan or any other RPA tool.
- Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting and Excel.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience working in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
- Ongoing interaction with the business in part of the role. Hence good Oral and Written communication is a must
- Python exposure may be helpful
- Hands-on experience with C# Programming will be very helpful
- Exposure to cloud based development, AWS, Dockers, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundary etc. Helpful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users and peer teams
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a global team environment
- Strong team player with a results-oriented focus and a highly disciplined approach towards meeting objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and requirements
- Ambitious and eager to learn new technologies and spearhead its adoption to take the platform to the next level
- Strong passion to learn, influence and deliver disruptive change
- BS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 3 - 5 years of experience in application development