New York, NY
The Regulatory Accountant is a position responsible for ensuring compliance with the regulatory capital and customer protection rules, related to its customer clearing business.
- Daily, weekly and monthly customer segregation calculations
- Production of calculations
- Monitoring of source system reports to ensure data accuracy
- Maintain data integrity and reliability
- Develop internal controls to eliminate errors stemming from manual or systematic inputs
- Daily, monthly and quarterly regulatory capital calculations
- Create and process daily files from sub-ledger systems (Client)
- Understand breaks and develop solutions for fixing them.
- Reconcile General Ledger to sub-ledgers, pursue explanations and rectify any variances
- Identify emerging issues, investigate and resolve
- Communicate with senior management as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broker/Dealer regulatory rules, specifically the proper application and preparation of the 15c3-3 customer reserve calculation in a customer clearing environment.
- Experience with the Client IMPACT and BPS platforms.
- Knowledge of the possession and control aspect of rule 15c3-3 for all products.
- Well versed in Securities Financing (Repo & Stock Loan).
- Customer Clearance.
- Controls, and the implementation of controls, as they relate to regulatory reporting.
- Broker/Dealer Operations.
- Accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Researching broker/dealer regulatory issues and identifying the appropriate actions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information.
- MS Excel - (vlookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 10 years' experience in a broker/dealer regulatory reporting role;
- Strong Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Client Series 99 required
- Client Series 27 a plus