Quantitative Research Platform Engineer
We' re looking for a highly capable and innovative engineer to join us in creating the next generation of our research platform. Move massive quantitative workloads into a software-defined hybrid cloud we' re creating. Write the software that seamlessly scales our environment in response to elastic and unpredictable demands. Deep dive into cloud-scale scheduling and data locality problems to optimize the environment and get things done faster.
· 3+ years experience either: A) in a Systems/DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer role, or B) as a distributed systems developer
· Deep knowledge of the Linux operating system
· Experience automating complex environments and the accompanying tooling
· String communication skills: positive collaboration with colleagues, organizing and managing ones tasks, and delivering quality work on time
· Master' s degree in a technical, engineering, or quantitative field, or equivalent experience
Great to Haves
· Experience in large compute environments such as: high-performance compute (HPC) clusters, university or lab scientific grids, or hyper-growth Cloud deployments
· Have used modern automation, configuration management, and container tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
· Experience with tracing systems like Zipkin or OpenTracing or streaming platforms like Kafka, Storm, or HBase to monitor and analyze distributed environments
· Have managed sizable production workloads in one or more public cloud providers
Client is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Sydney, Dublin.
Client is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status