QA Lead (Corporate Services)
New York, NY
- Ensure timely delivery, thoroughly review test artifacts ensure testing gaps are addressed while meeting the defined standards on mandatory and critical projects and work towards improving these standards in an ongoing basis.
- Communicate with developers, project managers, and management on project and testing status working across time zones.
- Regularly interact with development teams with a view to propose and implement improvements.
- Develop a close understanding of existing automation frameworks and constantly scan opportunities for additional automation. Engage in DevOps initiatives within QA and Development teams to help implement efficiencies across both teams.
- Manage 12+ vendor resources including test leads, ensure that there is a strong pipeline of trained resources, partner with vendor delivery managers to ensure the resources are motivated, trained and replace /upgrade them as applicable.
- Maintain solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies and terminology.
- Participate in daily release /Project meetings as applicable.
- Review QA metrics and ensure ALM is populated with metrics at right level of quality.
Manage and coordinate the testing effort for regular software releases, and build and train the team to improve the testing process over time.
- Sign off releases in a timely manner and provide test evidence for the activities
- 10+ years of Software Testing/Development experience within a technical environment
- 5+ years of Software Testing/Development Management experience with responsibilities for running the testing function across a broad range of client projects
- Able to demonstrate process improvements across both QA and development teams under their control
- Demonstrated experience of both local and remote team liaison and management
- Experience of Backend and Frontend testing, Test automation using Selenium or other industry standard tools.
- Understanding of database testing and SQL queries
- Strong Written and Oral communication skills
- At least 8 years of managing a QA Team
- Strong experience within Wealth Management/ Retail Banking
- Experience with maintaining test entitlement requirements and matrix to support testing efforts.
- Experience in both manual and automation testing
- Strong Communications skills required along with the ability to create concise and clear reports for distribution to senior management on a weekly basis.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices
- Ability to monitor and track implementation plans to ensure desired outcomes.
- Experience in Defect management tooling (JIRA, ALM)
- Experience with performance and stress testing frameworks
- Hands on selenium automation skills
- Domain skills or product knowledge
- Experience of Investment Banking working culture
- Experience in DevOps/Agile testing methodologies