Production Support Manager
New York, NY
The individual will be responsible for the management of the Americas production environment – which includes all the systems required to execute our post trading activities on a day to day basis. This involves the deployment and configuration of our software and the day to day support for our critical systems.
The role which is a hands on team manager, will manage a small team of support engineers and also be involved in the triaging and investigation of issues. The manager will work closely with the support teams and development teams to understand the impact and root cause of issues. They will co-ordinate the response and resolution to problems reported, and will define projects to improve our systems as part of a continuous improvement program. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly when under pressure.
The primary platform in use is Unix. Our deployment and configuration management is based around python and shell scripts.
This role would suit someone who already has managed support teams, still interested in being hands on technically and who wants to develop their career in a support role. The individual will need to enjoy working in a fast paced environment and must be passionate about delivering continuous improvement across our platform.
Key job responsibilities include:
• Provide day-to-day managerial oversight for the Americas support team
• Be a hand on technical support lead by covering one or more of the applications
• Support is typically level 2 and level 3 in nature.
• Deploy and configure new instances of software.
• Managing a team of 4-5
• Capacity management including monitoring and planning.
• Disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Work with central infrastructure teams to design and manage our physical environment (hardware, networks, etc.)
• Responsible for the QA environment.
• Communicate and collaborate with the research, trading and software engineering teams to ensure that we are building software that is well designed in terms of production deployment.
Mandatory Skills / Experience
• 10 + years of experience in a support role with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time
• Good organization skills - able to demonstrate the ability to put in place structures and process to generate consistent results
• Knowledge of Unix (RedHat, other Linux, Solaris, etc.) – able to navigate files and processes, use basic tools like sar, grep, tail, and write scripts to automate common activities.
• Advanced knowledge of a higher level scripting language – Python.
• Knowledge of databases(SQL Server or similar) and ability to troubleshoot and write queries using SQL.
• Ability to troubleshoot through a Unix environment
• Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to demonstrate prior delivery in a demanding and fast paced environment.