Production Management Associate
New York, NY
QAPM is a newly formed division that provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients. QAPM' s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
- Acting as an escalation point from our offshore teams to provide production management services including end user support, systems monitoring, incident and problem management, plant management and event management
- Acting as a lead for the P&L and Balance Sheets systems developed in house and deployed on an industry leading Teradata data warehouse and a range of both internal and external connectivity over End user GUIs which are a mixture of C++/Java clients and web based sessions
- Scripting and tool development is encouraged to help perform data analysis and commoditize request resolution steps
- Aiding trouble shooting with strong technical skills in both multiple OS environment and Teradata/Sybase databases
- Problem management to drive the cost of support and complexity therefore reducing risk of failure seek the cause of inefficiencies we face, to enables us to take a metrics driven approach to prioritizing work
- The holder of this role would be a key contributor to cross department initiatives opening up the possibility of visibility to a broad set of the Firm
- The role offers an interesting mix of technical and business challenges allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of how Brokerage' s Finance business works
- Role requires working with multiple Finance Development teams and Finance Controllers based in globally location including Montreal, New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Mumbai
- Understanding the Finance Division and the core asset classes that enable us to produce key Financial Reporting. This will require and a full understanding of the Critical Business path for P&L daily and monthly reporting
- To ensure our client' s issues are resolved within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and meeting their expectations, managing and chairing outage conversation with senior key decision makers both in the business and the greater IT team.
- Leveraging the available tools within team, to ensure that system and critical incidents are correctly managed, ensuring timely resolution and as well focusing on strategic solution detailed analysis of new issues and documenting associated fixes
- Ability to train other colleagues in support team and mentor junior support staff members in their day-to-day task execution.
- Provide detailed analysis of issues / governance report to senior management. Qualifications Skills required:
- Bachelor' s degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Unix and Windows platform
- Hands on skills with day to day command like awk, sed, find, etc.
- Working knowledge of Kerberos and Active Directory
- 5+ years of experience in Perl and shell scripting
- Experience with XML
- Strong knowledge of ETL systems like Informatica
- Exposure to Messaging Technologies (preferably IBM MQ) and MQ based systems
- Experience with batch-process & job scheduling tools (Autosys)
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major RDBMS product. Preferably with Teradata and/or Sybase
-Knowledge of the Internal data structure
- Hands on DBA with strong experience of Performance & Tuning
- Debugging of Stored Procedure