Prime Finance Production Services
New York, NY
The Synthetic and Cash Prime Brokerage technology team, part of Prime Finance technology, consists of people, spread globally across our Tokyo, Hong Kong, Mumbai, London and New York offices and supports and develops a range of innovative solutions for our Prime Finance business. The team is made up of two core units, Production Services (PS) and Change the Bank (CTB).
Production Services is responsible for 1st and 2nd line support of the Cash and Synthetic Prime Brokerage platform. PS is also responsible for our Equity Finance Platforms. Supporting a 24 hour global business, the team operates a 24x5 'follow the sun' support model which is backed up by 3rd level escalation to our CTB team.
CTB is responsible for mandatory and strategic project delivery for Client's Prime Finance business offering, performing requirements gathering, design, development, testing, project management and governance. The team also provides a 3rd level escalation service to the RTB team.
Production Services analyst for the Prime Finance technology team, responsible for managing our platform to ensure that it provides a high quality of service to our users and dealing promptly and effectively with any issues that might arise.
The team is required to provide support from 7am to 7pm, which is covered through an early and a late shift. The role requires the person to be available for both, on a rota basis. Additionally, the team is required to be on call over weekends, to carry out releases over weekends, and to provide cover on public holidays all on a rota basis.
The Production Services role requires constant daily interaction with Client Service, Middle Office and Operations teams. The role will be varied in nature, incorporating both hands-on support and issue incident & problem management skills. As part of the overriding goal of providing a stable platform to the business, the successful candidate can expect to be involved in array of short and longer term stability projects
The role presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills, as well as the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the Prime business and its associated flows.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Issue tracking and prioritizing
- Release management
- Incident management
- Capacity management
- Manage user queries and service requests (often requiring in depth analysis of the technical and/or business logic of our systems)
- Management of incoming and outgoing feeds to clients and vendors
- Batch and system management
- Risk management including proactively identifying and addressing risks before they impact us
- MIS reporting
- DR / BCP management
- Interfacing with development teams
- Understanding / learning all aspects of the business
- Sense of urgency when handling production issues impacting the desk's / firm's ability to do business
3 Key competencies critical to success of the role:
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios from both a technical and business perspective and deliver solutions
- Ability to deliver to deadlines in a environment where multiple competing priorities are a part of the job
- Proactivity and a strong ownership ethos, ensuring that queries are resolved through to completion
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong communication skills, and confidence dealing with internal and external parties
- Prior experience of application support in a banking environment
- Prime Finance business knowledge, or demonstration of a keen desire to learn
- Experience of working in a front office environment would be a major plus
- Experience of managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong SQL (client's Prime Finance business uses Oracle and Sybase)
- UNIX shell
- Experience with job scheduling tools (ideally Autosys)
- Java, TIBCO Middleware knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Swaps, Prime Brokerage and/or Securities Lending will be an advantage.