Plant Financial Analyst (Cost Analyst)
The successful individual must be able to analyze and interpret data to ensure accurate P&L impacts and draw out insights that drive better business decisions.
- Essential Duties: List eight to ten of the most important duties using concise and cohesive statements. List the duties in order of importance and provide percentage of time. If less than 5% and not a critical duties exclude or list as ' other duties'.
% of Time Duties Monitor, Report, and Analyze plant manufacturing costs, production variances (volume, process orders and spend variances), productions volumes and inventory reporting, Absorption Analysis and the monthly closing process. Prepare Journal Entries, PPV report, Raw Material Adjustment report, and Factory Scorecard metrics Support and prepare the plant budget process including cost planning and standard costs, updating Bill of Materials(BOMs) and headcount and Plan Labor planning. Primary contact for the Plant Controller, Plant Manufacturing Team and Business Unit Controlling Team for all financial topics including ad hoc analysis and project support. Internal Controls: Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and procedures Continuous Improvement analysis and recommendations: Cost Reduction Tracking and Project Identification, Prioritization and Completion Facilitation JDE/ERP: Support transition from legacy systems to JDE. Support standard costs and creation new product setup within the system
- Minimum Experience: List the minimum level of experience required to perform this job. Provide additional information for specific areas of experience, e.G., Total Yrs. Of Experience is 3 to 5 years but 2 years should be in a supervisory capacity
Additional information: Manufacturing cost accounting experience Previous experience with ERP and various accounting systems
- Minimum Qualifications – Education, Skills & Abilities: Competencies necessary to perform the position successfully. Include educational, special training, and certification requirements
Award/Licensing/Certification/Specialized Training Required Preferred Cost Accounting Microsoft Office Suite ERP System Experience
- Skills and Abilities: Special qualifications and personal attributes required for the job (must be job related)
- Financial Accountability: Indicate the financial responsibility e.G., operating expenses, departmental budgets, asset management (dollar value of capital assets managed), and sales.
- Organizational Relationships: Please list internal and external contacts interacted with, the frequency of these contacts and its effect on organizational operations. Indicate if global
- Supervisory/Functional Management Requirements: (current – not future state Check only one category)
List titles and grade levels of direct reports
- Directly supervises employees
- Indirectly supervises (employees working for above direct reports) employees
- Working Conditions & Physical Demands: Standard office environment, Percentage of required travel, physical demands (ability to lift, climb, stand etc.)
This Position Description Guide is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this position guide at any time without notice.