Payroll Tax Accounting Manager
- Oversee the integrity of all tax withholding dollars collected on behalf of Bessemer, and ensure that all tax payments and filings are remitted timely by ADP.
- Act as tax liaison with government agencies at the federal, state and local levels to resolve any disputes (including payroll tax related audits).
- Oversees or performs regular audits within the payroll system to ensure correct taxation set ups and compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations (941s and 940s).
- Reconciliation of W-3s for each payroll entity.
- Reconcile total base wages due to changes in salary and headcount from prior bi-weekly payroll.
- Supervise, approve, and assist in all GL account reconciliations for benefit deductions and wages.
- Review all payroll related adjustments and amendments.
- Work closely with the Accounting department on trial balance and balance sheet inquires related to payroll.
- Other duties as assigned and ability to work overtime as needed.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Detail-oriented individual with a strong accounting background
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll systems and fundamental accounting principles and standards
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be a team player with an attitude towards excellence in customer service