The Ops Lead Specialist Security Master File is responsible for assisting the supervisors by performing high-level, specialized, operational securities processing activities in support of the firm's business lines. S/he is a SMF subject matter expert typically dealing with complex issues as they relate to the SMF group, and leading the other SMF specialists. These activities include: security entry instruction, verification, processing, and quality control. They also verify/amend established security master files on the Custody & OMEGA systems. The SMF Lead Specialist will also conduct various projects which involve the confirmation of various security masters and related types to ensure system integrity.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues- Follow up on open inquiries- Escalate all relevant issues to supervisors- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues- Help to identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposures
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met- Ensure all daily workflows are covered in the event of above-average volumes and situations where the group is short-staffed- Monitor all daily workflows and escalate all relevant issues to supervisors- Create monthly workflow rotation for all SMF specialists
- Verifies new securities setup for accuracy and completeness and return to originator for revision if necessary- Maintain existing securities- Obtain necessary information from data vendors, challenging the vendors as needed- Research and resolve internal database conflicts, as well as those between vendors, and clients
- Ensure accuracy of all information added to and edited on all SMF systems- Complete all quality control work in a timely manner- Remain up to date on all new and existing workflow procedures, and ensure that these procedures are disseminated to all SMF specialists
- Provide training to all new SMF specialists by using desk procedures and subject matter expertise- Ensure that all production work completed by new specialists goes through the quality control check immediately upon completion
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience- 1 to 2 years of Information Management or other industry experience
- Aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis, and resolution of problems- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal skills- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure- Proactive self-starter who is goal-oriented