New York, NY
The individual will be responsible for the management of disputes with Institutional and Hedge Fund counterparties under the provisions of ISDA Credit Support documentation. The products supported are very broad, encompassing Fixed Income and Equity derivatives, with some Repo and Commodities derivatives as well. The candidate will support disputes both on Variation Margin and Regulatory Initial Margin required under Uncleared Margin Rules (UMR)
Responsibilities of the role include:
- OTC derivative exposure management for Brokerage
- Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps, working with other groups as appropriate.
- Maintain a clear focus on enhancing control and continuously improving and reducing operational risks.
- Troubleshoot problems arising on an ad-hoc basis and react to Business Unit and Client driven demands.
- Strong team working skills with supervisory and line trade processing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent: analytical, financial or mathematically related subject favoured
- Candidate should have a good understanding of front to back trade booking flows
- Some understanding of the key fields within a CSA document impacting margin calls
- An awareness of recent regulatory developments impacting OTC collateral
- Some knowledge of the SIMM calculation and inputs is preferred but not essential
- Good analytical skills are essential for the role, attention to detail will also be a requirement
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- The candidate will be required to convey issues succinctly to front office stakeholders and to reach timely resolutions with counterparties
- Candidate should be able to organize themselves efficiently as they will need to prioritize and keep track of multiple outstanding items while working to meet daily deadlines
- Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player.
Top Three skill sets you are looking for:
a. Good interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely.
b. Good analytical skills are essential for the role, attention to detail will also be a requirement
c. Candidate should have a good understanding of front to back trade booking flows