Jersey City, NJ
This developer role is responsible for full stack, hands-on development of applications and services. As a senior role, this person will be expected to participate in system design and provide thought leadership in the full lifecycle from concept to production. This role will serve as an SME on a particular system or application and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and the needs of the client. This role will mentor and lead junior level developers on specific modules while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JESLint or JSHint preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models preferred.
- Unix / Linux experience
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Be able to create and articulate design / implementation options and tradeoff to peers, tech leads, and management
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to understand all phases of SDLC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new / emerging technologies as required