New York, NY
NoSQL Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of NoSQL databases and server systems On Prem as well as in Azure Cloud. The NoSQL Database Engineer is responsible for analyzing, recommending and implementing performance tuning techniques. Candidates with some development experience in NoSQL technologies are preferred.
What we are looking for:
Firm is seeking a noSQL Engineer who has a strong background in working in large scale high availability production environments with full life cycle database management expertise including planning, tuning, installation, configuration, migration, monitoring, troubleshooting and backup & recovery.
minimum requirements for this role include the following;
- A BS/EE/CS Degree and 4-5 years of enterprise DBA experience supporting production, UAT, QA, Dev environments
- A minimum of 2+ years of noSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra) DBA experience in a large-scale production environment
- Experience in noSQL performance tuning and troubleshooting in production environment
- Excellent knowledge of Python scripting as well as automation experience
- Previous experience in the design and deployment of noSQL database solutions in support of high-volume applications
- Must have extensive experience working in Linux environment (know how to optimize OS to support noSQL database environment)
- Nice to have Kafka experience
- Nice to have MySQL cluster experience (on Linux)
- Must have noSQL production support experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated and team player
- Must be agile learner and have can do attitude
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology